Bacon Beer Bread|This Is Why I’m Full
The Hubby and I go to this awesome Bacon and Beer party every year for a friend’s birthday, this Bacon Beer Bread was originally supposed to be a part of what we were bringing to the party but it was so delicious that we ended up eating all of it in the couple of days before the party after we made it, oops! But it’s okay, we had already planned on bringing some Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies so our friends didn’t know what they missed out on! There is always next year (fingers crossed!)
This bread is sort of sweet, which I wasn’t the hugest fan of, it tasted more like dessert than anything else to me! So I think next time we make it I will have the Hubby cut out the sugar!
Let us know what you think of our Bacon Beer Bread and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1¼ cup shredded cheese
- 1 12 ounce bottle of beer
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare a 9" x 5" bread pan by greasing with butter, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add bacon, about ¾ of cheese and full beer into the well.
- Stir mixture with a spoon until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread pan.
- Add remaining cheese, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from oven and drizzle remaining butter over the top. Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top.
- Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack. (You can brush with more butter if you choose!)