Get ready for the super bowl with a bacon dip. You can put it out right next to the beer dip and see which one will last longer. This year I’ll be making both of them and my plan is to set up a pool to see which one will last longer. I should throw a bacon and beer party, I’ve got so many recipes that I could make for a party like that. Also I found Bacon Socks that I need an “excuse” to wear. Because everyone loves bacon, and socks, double whammy! I would suggest making this dip with real bacon, you can use bacon bits in a pinch but really, why do you even have bacon bits in your cupboard? You should go back to the store and get some real bacon.
Just like the beer dip, this is a thick dip and I like to keep them warm throughout the day so people can munch on them easily, and without breaking chips or pretzels off in the dip and making everyone stop eating because thats just gross. I recently got another Crock Pot so I can do my pool and see which dip is actually better.
Also, the dip may also be placed in hollowed round sourdough loaf, wrapped in foil and heated in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes if you don’t want to make this in a slow cooker and expect it to be gone quickly.
Happy Cooking! Post a comment if you’ve tried this or have suggestions!
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Sour cream
- 3 oz Bacon bits, or real bacon
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 400*. In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a 1-quart baking dish.
- Cover. heat the dip for 25-30 minutes or until hot. Serve with vegetables crackers, chips, pretzels