Cajun Stir Fry | This Is Why I’m Full
So we recently purchased our own rice cooker, and we have been making a ton and am not kidding when I say a ton of rice. Turns out when you have something that you can set and forget you wind up using it a lot. Making rice has never been so easy and it frees up a burner on the stove for so many things to put on said rice!
If you are looking to purchase a rice cooker, I would go with this one (click the link to view the steamer!) it is the one the hubby and I got, and it is amazing! You can steam your vegetables and your rice at the same time! It’s hands off cooking at its best!
This recipe came about when we saw bell peppers on sale and wondered what could be made with them? As it turns out we both had the same idea with what we could do with them, use the rice cooker! This dinner idea came out quite well for slapping something together with what was on sale at our local grocer. I paired the rice and vegetable mix with some delicious home made bread that was made the night before, and as always everything was awesome!
Let us know what you think of our Cajun Stir Fry and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
Above are the nutrition facts for this dish. Not sure how much we’ll use this plugin, If it’s useful to you let us know and we will put it in more recipes!
Cajun Stir Fry
- 1/2 lb chicken andouille sausage chopped
- 4 cups broccoli steamed
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 whole green bell pepper chopped
- 1 whole red bell pepper chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small Yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Start by setting up your rice to cook however you like it, I would recommend getting it going now, once the other ingredients start cooking it goes fast!
- Cook your onion over medium high heat in a skillet in the olive oil until translucent
- Add your slliced green and red bell peppers
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and then add your sliced Andouille sausage
- Add all of your seasonings and cook until your peppers are tender
- Add your steamed broccoli and toss in the sauce made by the cooked veggies and meat!
- Serve over rice, and enjoy!