I don’t know if you’ve noticed but there is something the Hubby and I make a lot. Soup. Do you want to know a why? It’s because we are in our twenties and don’t make nearly enough money! So what’s the easiest thing to make on a budget? Soup. And the best way to make a soup is to look in your cupboard and grab a bunch of canned food, add some chicken broth/beef broth and some kind of protein.. That’s how this recipe came about! We always have at least one onion in the kitchen (usually 2) and I will never cook without Garlic. So this was the equivalent of Kitchen Sink Cookies, but Kitchen Sink Soup!
It turned out pretty fantastic, I think when I make this next (on purpose of course) I will make sure that I just happen to have a fresh jalapeno in the apartment, I think some spice will make this even tastier!
Let us know what you think and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 diced onion
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 cans red beans
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion, green chilies, beans, garlic and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken and return to crockpot!
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips!!