Pumpkin Butter|This Is Why I’m Full
I know, I know.. It isn’t really pumpkin season anymore.. But we misplaced this photo until today and when I found it I just had to post this Pumpkin Butter recipe!
I really like toast, and so does the hubby loves to make bread.. But we decided to make Pumpkin Butter because hubby wanted to make Pumpkin Spice Chex Party mix and everything that we read said that this would make it taste amazing. Well, we didn’t end up making the Chex Mix because we ended up eating ALL of this pumpkin butter! It was so delicious, I can’t even put into words how yummy it was.
I ate this Pumpkin Butter on my breakfast every morning, and Hubby definitely never caught me standing in the kitchen eating it off of a spoon.. Alright, he did.. But he only caught me twice! And compared to how many times I ate it that way, I think I hid it pretty well!
Anyway, I am seriously considering canning some of this Pumpkin Butter and giving it out as Christmas presents this year.. I know, we are 9 months away from Christmas, but it’s never too early to start planning!
Let us know what you think of our Pumpkin Butter and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 29 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Apple juice/apple cider
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, stirring frequently, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and stir frequently (about every 30 seconds to avoid splattering).
- Cook for 30 minutes or until thickened and fragrant.
- Place in mason jars to cool. Once cooled completely, store in fridge. Enjoy!