Chocolate Eclair Cake|This Is Why I’m Full
The Chocolate Eclair Cake is a favorite in my household. Secondary to the Banana Pudding Poke Cake.
You don’t need to refrigerate this cake like you do the Poke Cake make sure you get the pudding going while you’re baking the crust. If you’ve read my other posts you’ll notice I love using cheese in recipes. Cream cheese and pudding? You’d be surprised how well these go together as long as you can get all the lumps out. If you do wind up trying it out I would recommend making your own whipped cream, the stuff you get in a can just can’t compare to something that’s made with love. I load my cake up with lots of chocolate syrup because I simply love the mix of cream cheese pudding and chocolate.
You simply can’t go wrong with making the Chocolate Eclair Cake, if you take it to a party it will surely be gone in a matter of minutes.
Let us know what you think of this delicious Chocolate Eclair Cake and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 8oz package Cream cheese, softened
- 1 large box (5.1 oz) Vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 9″X 13″ glass baking pan.
- Eclair Crust: In a medium saucepan, melt butter in water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in flour. Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely before adding another egg. Spread mixture into pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. *If the sides of your pan are too greased you won’t be able to get the mixture to stay up the sides so make sure to just lightly grease.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (Mine only took 25 minutes.) You may want to check it occasionally-you don’t want to overcook the crust, it will ruin the cake! Remove from oven and let cool
- Filling: Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl. In separate bowl make vanilla pudding. Make sure pudding is thick before mixing in with cream cheese. Slowly add pudding to cream cheese, mixing until there are no lumps. Let cool in fridge.When the crust is completely cooled, pour filling in. Top with layer of cool whip however thick you want it and serve with chocolate syrup. *If you want to make this even better use homemade whipped cream.