The Perfect Sugar Cookie|This Is Why I’m Full
This is what you need to make the perfect sugar cookie. Try them. And plan to eat the first batch yourself with one foot propping the fridge door open and two hands double-fisting cookies like you’re the Hamburglar on a heist job.
Let us know what you think of The Perfect Sugar Cookie recipe and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature for an hour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces cream cheese (1/4 of a standard cream cheese package)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In the
- of a stand mixer, cream the butter and add the sugar. Cream until light and fluffy. Add the egg, and beat until golden. Add the cream cheese and again beat until well incorporated. Add the flavorings and lemon zest.
- Mix the fl
- our, baking powder, and salt in a separate
- then add, bit by bit, to the butter/sugar mixture until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Divide the dough into smaller balls and roll out ¼ to ⅛ inch thickness. Cut out cookies.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness. The small, thinner ones started browning after about 8 minutes, and I didn’t want these brown at all. The larger ones had a slight golden bottom after 11 minutes, which was perfect for my purposes.
- Let cool before icing or decorating, and store in a tightly covered container.