Banana Pudding Poke Cake|This Is Why I’m Full
Two delicious things in one recipe. Cake and pudding, how can you go wrong here? The fact is that with this Banana Pudding Poke Cake you can’t.
This cake stays nice and moist when the pudding falls into the holes you poke, making sure every bite is as savor worthy as the last. Also, pudding and cake in every bite? Yes please! I’ve found this is best eaten at a BBQ for dessert. The warm evening after everyone has enjoyed some good BBQ this will cool you down a bit and be a sugar-y treat. Refrigerating the cake to make the pudding solidify makes it like an ice cream cake which is perfect for this time of year. The vanilla wafers are optional, but the whipped topping is not (I love making whipped cream)
Let us know what you think of our Banana Pudding Poke Cake and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- 2 boxes (small) Banana pudding
- 4 cups Milk
- 8 oz Whipped topping
- 20 Vanilla wafers, crushed
- Sliced bananas to taste
- Prepare cake in 9 x 13 pan according to directions on box. When golden, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- When just slightly cooled, use the handle end of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the baked cake. Don't be shy; make the holes big enough for the pudding to seep into and go deep enough with the spoon that you hit the bottom of the pan.
- Next, prepare pudding mixture. Combine 4 cups of milk and pudding mix; whisk until fully combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour pudding mixture over entire cake. Spread evenly, filling all holes.
- Refrigerate for two hours or until set.
- Top with sliced banana, whipped topping, and crushed vanilla wafers! Serve and enjoy. (Refrigerate any leftovers.)