Another slow cooker recipe for everyone! This is so amazingly delicious and good for you. It’s a hearty alternative to going to Taco Bell after work. I make mine in the morning before I leave, set it to low and let it cook all day long. It’s so nice to have a hot hearty meal right when I get off work, and no drive through’s! I make this recipe with lots of potatoes, when I get home they’re all sorts of soft and falling off my fork. When I run out of Roast to eat them with I’ll save the leftovers and mix them up like mashed potatoes. THEN take some garlic butter and fry them up as patties, I crisp up the outside and the inside is hot and gooey, it’s probably the best thing you can do with them and the meat juice makes the potatoes even better.
I also do this with leftover mashed potatoes, but they just don’t taste the same as potatoes from a slow cooker. The juice from the meat really makes some tasty potato pancakes.
Happy Cooking! Post a comment if you’ve tried this or have suggestions!
- 2-3 pounds Sirloin Tip Roast
- 1½ pounds Red or Yellow potatoes, bite sized portions
- 1 pound Baby carrots
- 1 Yellow onion
- Garlic powder and Pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces, and place them on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Baby carrots are put on top of your potatoes
- Sliced onion goes on top of your baby carrots
- Sprinkle garlic powder on top of the vegetables, and place the roast on top of everything.
- Sprinkle garlic powder and pepper on top of the roast
- Cook the roast on high for 2 hours, then reduce heat to low for 4-6 hours. Or if you’re like me, place the slow cooker on low for 8 hours or wait until the meat if fork tender.