Are you ready for the best potato dish we have ever made? I certainly didn’t think that they would turn out this delicious, but they definitely did!
I love potatoes, I mean, I really do… They are my favorite food, I was a vegetarian for roughly three years, and I basically just ate potatoes. My dad used to call me a potato-arian, and it definitely fit!
I mean, look at these! How can you not want to just eat them right through your screen?!
I think that when the Hubby and I make them again we will add some cheese to the middle of the balls to give them a little bit of extra flavor! (Maybe we will even add some bacon, take them up another notch!)
Fried Mashed Potato Balls | This Is Why I’m Full
Let us know what you think of our Fried Mashed Potato Balls and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes cold
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water
- Oil for frying
- Mix your cold mashed potatoes with your garlic salt, pepper and one beaten egg
- Roll into ping-pong sized balls
- Place onto a cookie sheet and keep in the fridge until ready to fry
- Heat your oil to 425 degrees
- When ready to fry pull your mashed potatoes back out of the fridge and drop them one at a time into first the egg and water mixture and then into the breadcrumbs
- Fry each one until golden brown, 3-4 minutes
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!