Salted Caramel Blackberry Brownies
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup extra dark cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 container blackberries 6 oz
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place margarine, sugars, and cocoa powder in a bowl and microwave until margarine is melted. Stir until smooth. Next add eggs and vanilla, stir until smooth. Stir in baking powder, salt, and flour.
- Add in the blackberries. Gently incorporate. The batter will be very thick. Add sugar to a medium saucepan, and whisk over medium-high heat until all the sugar melts. It will take a minute, but it will melt! Once it becomes a nice reddish-brown color add the butter and stir until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the half and half.
- In a foil lined 8x8 coated with cooking spray press half of the brownie dough into the pan.
- Pour the salted caramel over brownie layer.
- Top with the other half of the brownie batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, in an 8x8 pan, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.