It’s still winter, and I still love mexican food but I also love using my slow cooker as much as possible. I’ll make a batch of this and put the remainder in a gallon freezer bag so I can reheat it and eat it later without having to make an entire batch all over again. I’ve made this before going to bed and dished some up for work the next day, it is absolutely delicious and as the recipe says the longer it simmers the better it will taste! Just make sure you have enough liquid in the slow cooker if you won’t be home for an extended period of time as you will lose some of it over time and you don’t want to come home to a hot stuck on mess in your slow cooker. It’s just a pain to deal with after a long day (been there).
I usually eat this with fritos so I can scoop it up and munch on chips at the same time it’s a very tasty hearty meal. If you want more spice, try adding a splash of hot sauce in the mix that really brings out the flavor of the dish.
Happy Cooking! Post a comment if you’ve tried this or have suggestions!
- 2 lbs browned ground beef (You are more than welcome to do less, I just think this amount makes it so good!)
- 2 packages ranch dressing mix
- 2 packages taco seasoning (or ½ cup)
- 1 can tomatoes and green chilies (10 or 12 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can shoepeg corn
- Mix all ingredients in crock pot (do not drain any of the cans, add all liquids). The longer it simmers the better it is! If I know I have less than 3 hours until dinner then I’ll throw it all together and cook it on high. Otherwise just simmer on low for as long as you want! Then top it off w/ cheese, Fritos, sour cream and green onions . Easy right?! And so good. Enjoy!!