Everyone loves a good scone in the morning, and strawberry scones are my favorite. Actually I’d eat strawberry scones any time of the day especially when they’re fresh out of the oven. This is a quick and easy recipe to make my favorite type of scones.
- 2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar plus 2 teaspoons , divided
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butter cold and cubed
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead five times. Gently knead in strawberries, about five times. Pat into an 8 inch circle; brush with egg and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cut into eight wedges.
- separate wedges and place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425* for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.