Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole|This Is Why I’m Full
This Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole is a recipe I found while perusing Pinterest one day and as I love tater tots like they were their own food group I immediately told the hubby that we needed to make this pronto!
I’m super weird about the texture of food, and I hate soggy food more than anything else. And when I re-read the recipe I was really worried that the tater tots were going to get soggy. Blechhh. But I made it according to the recipe and was pleasantly surprised when they weren’t soggy at all! The flavor is fantastic, next time I think I might pre-cook the chicken before I put it into the pan because the tots cooked too fast and the chicken took longer than I thought and I had to put foil over the top so the tots didn’t burn!
Let us know what you think of our Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, diced (about 2 pounds)
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup hot sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb Tater Tots
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Make the buffalo sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk in the hot sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes and then remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take ⅓ cup of buffalo sauce and set aside for later.
- Take remaining buffalo sauce, mix it with the cubed chicken and spread it in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese on top of the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Take the Tater tots out of the freezer. Lay them, lengthwise and in straight lines (rows), evenly on the buffalo chicken
- Drizzle the reserved buffalo sauce on top of the Tater Tots and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.