Baked Carrot Fries | This Is Why I’m Full
How Delicious do these look? I mean really, don’t they look amazing?! These “fries” have really made me believe that not all healthy food is bad for your taste buds!!
I am usually strictly a potato French fry person, I don’t particularly like sweet potato fries, and I had never found anything that could be substituted for a good potato, until I made these. I never seriously thought that carrots could compare to potatoes when it comes to fries. But they really are delicious!
As gorgeous as they look, it doesn’t compare to the way they taste!
In all seriousness, the hubby and I have been trying to change some of our habits for the better, and every time I make something like this, something healthy that makes a good substitute for something that I love that isn’t so great for me it gives me hope that there are healthy options that don’t have to be bland or uninteresting!
I really recommend watching these the last few minutes that they are in the oven, it only takes a minute for them to go from beautifully crispy to burnt! (I burned them the third time I made them, and it was very sad.)
Let us know what you think of our Baked Carrot Fries and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
Baked Carrot Fries
- 3 whole Carrots
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the top and bottom off of each carrot, and slice them in half lengthwise and then cut them in half.
- Take those quarters and cut each one into thirds lengthwise.
- Mix all of the other ingredients in a bowl and toss the carrots in the resulting mix.
- Dump the bowl out onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they are to your desired crispiness.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and then enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauce! (We love to make Sriracha Ranch dressing!)