Crock Pot Quinoa Banana Bread|This Is Why I’m Full
Bread in a Crock Pot!? No way you say, but here it is an amazing recipe for your Crock Pot, Crock Pot Quinoa Banana Bread! What’s Quinoa you say? It’s a delicious grain type food, it’s good for you, and it tastes amazing. Don’t let that scare you away from trying this recipe, it’s an easy and healthy way to make banana bread (with Quinoa). You can also try to make this with a different creamer than I did. Maybe a nice irish cream? A hint of mint maybe? I’m not sure, but I bet you’ll be able to find what tastes good to you. I prefer the Cinnamon Sugar Cookie with this recipe so, at least you’ll have something to start with. It also works with a light cream if you dont have any creamer handy, but if you’re like me you drink coffee every day to wake up anyway so there should be a full stock of creamer.
Let us know what you think of this Crock Pot Quinoa Banana Bread and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Coffee-mate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
- 1/2 cup Low-fat milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 Banana’s, past ripe
- 2 tbsp Walnuts
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- NOTE! If you can’t find that kind of creamer or you’d prefer to use something else, substitute light cream and add about 1 – 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the brown sugar and walnuts together.
- Pour quinoa, creamer (or light cream), milk, water, butter and vanilla into the crock pot. Add the mashed banana and stir to evenly distribute. Sprinkle the sugar and walnut mixture into the quinoa and stir to mix.
- Cook on low for 4 – 6 hours, or until the quinoa is fully cooked. If you need to, add additional liquid or sugar to the mixture for taste.
- Serve warm and garish with slices of banana!