Easy Mexican Casserole|This Is Why I’m Full
I think I’ve always loved making casseroles because they are so simple to do. They may take some time, but the amount of food that you make with this Easy Mexican Casserole recipe lets me eat left overs for days!
For some reason I’ve always loved to eat left overs, maybe the seasonings have time to settle or maybe I like eating food cold when its supposed to be made hot and ready. What ever it is, casseroles are amazing. Usually around the beginning of the year I’ll substitute the beef with turkey. Something about being “healthy” always comes around at that time of year, though I usually revert back to my old ways of putting bacon or cheese on just about everything.
If you’re anything like me you’ll be applying liberal amounts of sour cream to the Easy Mexican Casserole, so I like to make mine a bit more spicy than what’s listed. This is a “Mexican” casserole because I use a package of taco seasoning to give everything flavor. The next time I make this I think I’ll try putting tortilla chips to give it some more substance.
The Easy Mexican Casserole is also a great meal to make during the winter as you need to use your oven for a good 30 minutes at 325 degrees so I can heat my house up while making a delicious, delicious food that I can eat for days.
Let us know what you think of the Easy Mexican Casserole and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can Ranch style beans
- 1 12 oz bag Tortilla chips,crushed
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package Taco seasoning
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup Water
- Sour cream and Salsa for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large skillet, brown meat and drain off fat. Stir in beans, tomatoes, onion, taco seasoning, soup and water. Simmer over medium-low heat until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish. Put down a layer of crushed tortilla chips, followed by a layer of the meat/bean mixture, then half of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with sour cream and salsa.