These Red Beans and Rice were one of hubby’s best dinner ideas. We have made it three or four times now and it tastes better every time!
Red Beans and Rice|This Is Why I’m Full
Truth be told, I’m not really a rice person at all. I have never been. It makes the hubby sad sometimes because he really likes rice and we don’t ever eat it. But when it comes to these Red Beans and Rice I will eat them all day, every day! So tasty! We made this after we went to Popeye’s for the first time and I discovered a love for red beans and rice.. And Dan said that we couldn’t eat there every night. (He’s no fun!) So I went on Pinterest and found a recipe that sounded delicious and easy. And it was! I really loved it, and it was better than Popeye’s because it was sooooo much cheaper. And there was a lot of leftovers so we had lunch for a week and a second dinner off of it, hooray!
Let us know what you think of our Red Beans and Rice and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- 1 pound red beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 2 cans Campbell's chicken broth
- 1½ pounds sausage
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Check red beans for any small pebbles then rinse thoroughly.
- Add beans, water, seasonings, and chicken broth to the crock pot.
- Chop the veggies and add to the crock pot.
- Next, chop the sausage add to the crock pot when done.
- Turn the crock pot on low for 7 hours.
- Use cornstarch to thicken
- When ready to eat, prepare your rice.
- Pour red beans over rice and serve.