Lemon Chicken Angel Hair|This Is Why I’m Full
This recipe requires the use of another recipe on the site called Perfect Chicken which I will post a little later. This is a great addition/spin off of that dish alone. I haven’t tried this yet but I want to add bacon to the dish to give it that extra pizzazz and flavor. Also because I love bacon and there is already cheese on top. Those are two of my favorite foods and you’ll find that a lot of recipes on this site will include those two ingredients. Also cream cheese, cream cheese is delicious.
Regardless of the lack of bacon (hey there’s still cheese) this is a delicious and easy meal to make for dinner. It will leave you smiling and eating yourself into a food coma if you make enough noodles with the chicken.
Don’t be afraid of adding liberal amounts of baby spinach, its good, its green and you should love it as much as you do bacon.
So welcome to my blog, I hope you find the recipes useful and delicious. Please register so you can comment on posts and give me feedback, I need feedback haha.
Let us know what you think and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter where we will be posting and sending out recipes we are going to make and giving you the opportunity to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
- ½ lb Angel hair pasta
- 4 Garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp Crushed red pepper
- Perfect Chicken
- 2 Lemons, zested and juiced
- ¾ cup Half-and-half
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated (or shredded)
- 1 cup Baby spinach, stems removed
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt the water well, and add pasta. Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook until the oil sizzles (about 7-10 minutes). Add lemon juice, half-and-half, and a ladle of the pasta water to the garlic oil mixture. Raise the heat to med-low to med heat until the sauce begins to bubble. Drain pasta - DO NOT RINSE. Add the pasta, zest, and ½ c. Parmesan to the cream sauce. Toss for a minute or two. Add chicken and spinach, and toss until well distributed. Top with remaining cheese. Enjoy!
- Side note: If your pasta is cooking too quickly, just take the pot off the heat, but leave the pasta in the hot water. The pasta will continue to cook, just at a slower pace. I have to use this trick almost every time.